Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Follow the Leader

I was just on a prayer walk and was remembering back to the beginnings of Ncompass.  I remember the day before we had our first board retreat to map out our mission and vision I was meeting with Todd Newell a senior pastor at our church.  Todd had been a mentor and source of wisdom in my life on many occasions.  I was uncertain of direction at the time and Todd gave me a scripture that has stuck with me ever since.  "In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."  Proverbs 16:9

I have seen this verse play out so many times in my own life as well as in the life of Ncompass these past eight years.  On my walk, I was reflecting on this verse and as I was thinking about it felt that God was changing my course and I turned left down a side street instead of continuing straight ahead as intended.  As soon as I did, a brisk wind swept up behind me guiding and pressing me into the newly chosen course.

I viewed the wind as a sign that when we listen to God's voice and take his path instead of following our own, he will often bring a wind to guide and push us in the right direction faster and with more power.  Not that it will be easier, but that he will provide us with a strength and sustaining spirit.   I am encouraged by the way the Lord has directed and guided our steps the past eight years, regardless of or shortcomings and failures.

Keep your eyes on him and follow his leading.

Joey



No comments:

Post a Comment